The new high quality building serves both students and staff and is also open to the local community.
The development includes:
- an 800sq m multi-activity sports hall
- two squash courts
- cardiovascular practice room
- dance / table tennis / martial arts practice room
- indoor and outdoor changing facilities
- staff and first-aid facilities
- reception and viewing areas
The form of the building is simple and legible, with differing accommodation elements expressed by their requirements in terms of volume, light, privacy etc. under a simple curving roof.
An inviting double height glazed entrance and reception area is highly visible to all arriving by foot or car.
A sustainable drainage system assists the wildlife habitat and provides a landscape feature. It also gives the opportunity to harvest rainwater for WC use.